Entry tags:
killing eve s02e01
I thought I'd make actual posts for a rewatch but my anxiety is so bad I've been switching apps all day without doing anything so here are some bullet points to break that cycle:
• listening to so much unloved after I finished the show was a mistake, now the soundtrack stands out way too much to me because I go "oh hey I like that song" every other scene lol
• that said, I think the sound design is a huge part of why this show is so fun. the songs are diegetic in a way that it blends seamlessly with the shot and creates The Killing Eve Vibe, it's masterful.
• I don't remember what I thought when villanelle killed the kid in the hospital other than "oh shit she's crazy lol", but now it's much clearer to me that she only does it after he asks for it. he literally says he'd rather be dead? #VillanelleDidNothingWrong
• eve bursting out laughing when the stranger approaches her thinking she's an addict struggling through withdrawals while she thinks she just got caught for murder is a layered scene!!! she IS an addict. she's addicted to villanelle and their little cat and mouse game. and she just killed villanelle so she's not just feeling guilty but also going through withdrawals already.
• nico is an excellent character. I like that he's actually a straight up guy as far as Useless Husbands go in stories like this. I remember the fandom hated him with a passion but he's very much the compass pointing us to how deranged eve is/wants to be.
• the twelve thing was irrelevant to me back during my first watch and apparently it continues to be because all I wrote down was "plot shenanigans with the twelve". it's rather sad because I feel like the show changing hands every season just turned what could be a cool overarching plot into something I feel eh about.
• I love that villanelle says "normal is boring". it is.
• listening to so much unloved after I finished the show was a mistake, now the soundtrack stands out way too much to me because I go "oh hey I like that song" every other scene lol
• that said, I think the sound design is a huge part of why this show is so fun. the songs are diegetic in a way that it blends seamlessly with the shot and creates The Killing Eve Vibe, it's masterful.
• I don't remember what I thought when villanelle killed the kid in the hospital other than "oh shit she's crazy lol", but now it's much clearer to me that she only does it after he asks for it. he literally says he'd rather be dead? #VillanelleDidNothingWrong
• eve bursting out laughing when the stranger approaches her thinking she's an addict struggling through withdrawals while she thinks she just got caught for murder is a layered scene!!! she IS an addict. she's addicted to villanelle and their little cat and mouse game. and she just killed villanelle so she's not just feeling guilty but also going through withdrawals already.
• nico is an excellent character. I like that he's actually a straight up guy as far as Useless Husbands go in stories like this. I remember the fandom hated him with a passion but he's very much the compass pointing us to how deranged eve is/wants to be.
• the twelve thing was irrelevant to me back during my first watch and apparently it continues to be because all I wrote down was "plot shenanigans with the twelve". it's rather sad because I feel like the show changing hands every season just turned what could be a cool overarching plot into something I feel eh about.
• I love that villanelle says "normal is boring". it is.
